All my favorite tools and services for creative business websites.
There are lots of amazing plugins and platforms on the web. Over the years, I've definitely found my favorites.
Here's a look at some of the tools & resources I use most often, what makes them awesome, and how I use them to build your beautiful, powerful site.
I use these tools & services because:
Email List Management
ConvertKit is an email marketing service built for creatives. You'll love their easy to understand dashboard and clear analytics. Their tagging and segmenting system makes it easy to deliver the right emails to the right people. And, their service is free for your first 1,000 subscribers.
- Magical automations that do work for you
- Easy to integrate forms
- Beautiful email designer
- NEW Sell digital products (like music!)
This is an affiliate link. I adore ConvertKit and I know you will too! In fact, ConvertKit is a great first step if you don't have a website and want to start growing a fanbase and earning income from them.
With 39% of all websites on the internet using WordPress, it's a well-loved website platform. From big to small, businesses all over appreciate the flexibility of their website built on WordPress.
- WordPress offers you the room to grow.
- Completey customizable in look.
- Plugin library for every need.
- Opportunity to build custom components.
- You're not locked into monthly payments (it's free).
I've been using WP for years for personal and professional work and love it more every day.
Don't want to have to update and maintain WordPress and your site's various plugins? You don't have to! Managed hosting keeps your website in tip-top shape, up to date, and secure.
- Dedicated resources. No sharing serverspace.
- Better performance and speed, fine-tuned for WordPress
- Top-notch security
- Free migrations from your current host
- Resources that can grow with you
Want to make small site updates on your own? No problem. Beaver Builder is an intuitive page builder that allows for fast and beautiful site builds without getting in it's own way. It's fast, customizable, and robust enough to construct entire themes.
- Fast page loads
- Clean code output - no excessive markup
- Consistently updated plugin
- Option for advanced 1 year support
Custom Post Types
For projects that require specific content beyond what a blog can provide, Toolset allows me to create custom post types. It opens up WordPress to allow for customization beyond the out-of-the-box Blog Post and Categories.
- Build in custom post types for specific content
- Add custom taxonimies for further site organization
- Makes data entry easier for you and your team